Fusion Power Associates|
2 Professional Drive, Suite 249
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
phone: (301) 258-0545
fax: (301) 975-9869
The details on the conference and call for papers is on the IAEA webpage: http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/Meetings/Announcements.asp?ConfID=149
The U. S. Department of Energy (DOE) has developed the following schedule for the submission and selection of U.S. papers for this conference:
1) The authors will submit to IAEA the two-page synopsis and the abstracts electronically in the PDF format, as indicated in the Annex B of the IAEA announcement. The DOE will use the same format for submission of U.S. Papers to the U.S. Paper Selection Committee.
2) A two-page Extended Synopsis of papers and short abstracts for the Book of Abstracts should be e-mailed to email@example.com before January 27, 2006. DOE will not accept papers submitted after this deadline. In parallel, the title, the list of authors, and the abstract should be e-mailed to Erol Oktay (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Adam Rosenberg (Adam.Rosenberg@ science.doe.gov), also by COB January 27, 2006. Refer to Annex A of the IAEA Announcement for Scientific Guidelines for Authors, and make sure to indicate the category and subtopic in which the paper should be considered.
3) Steve Baumgartner at PPPL has agreed to put the synopsis and the abstracts (as described above in Item 2) on a password-protected web-site, which will be available to the U.S. paper Selection Committee on January 20, 2006 for initial review. Contact Steve at email@example.com with any question on electronic submission or formatting.
4) The U.S. Paper Selection Committee will select the papers that will be forwarded to the IAEA. The Committee will meet in Germantown, MD on February 7-9, 2006. The categories for the papers are as follows:
OV - Overviews
EX - Magnetic Confinement Experiments (subtopics see Annex A)
TH - Magnetic Confinement Theory and Modeling (subtopics see Annex A)
IT - ITER activities
IF - Inertial Fusion Experiments and Theory
IC - Innovative Concepts
FT - Fusion Technology and Power Plant Design
SE - Safety, Environmental and Economical Aspects of Fusion
5) The results of the Committee selection will be communicated to the authors by February 16, 2006. Any modifications to the papers suggested by the U.S. Paper Selection Committee will be due in OFES by March 10, 2006. The authors are to mail the Participation Form A, and Form B for Submission of a Paper to Terry Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 301-903-3563; fax -4716), for receipt at OFES by March 10, 2006. The forms are available on the IAEA Website. DOE will forward the completed forms to IAEA through formal channels.
6) The authors whose papers are accepted for submission to the IAEA will submit their two page synopses and abstracts directly to IAEA electronically (See Annex B of the IAEA Announcement on Instructions for Electronic Submissions), from March 1 to April 3, 2006.
7) The FEC2006 Programme Committee will meet in Vienna at the end of April 2006 for final selection of the Conference Papers.
There is no specific guidance at this time on how the papers from the International Physics Activity (ITPA) papers will be selected. This selection is usually made as a part of the ITER papers by the IAEA program Committee at the Vienna meeting. DOE suggests, however, that such ITPA papers with the U.S. lead authors, as well as Forms A and B, should be submitted to OFES only by January 27 as a part of the U.S. submissions.